Monday, July 3, 2017

Stay Out Of The Sun

I've been binge watching True Blood this past couple of weeks. I absolutely loved the books when they came out, and I watched many of the episodes when the series ran.  And I decided it was time to watch the episodes I missed. So thus the binge watching began.
So, when I saw that it was National Stay Out Of The Sun Day today, I made a weird connection in my mind. I work nights so staying out of the sun is less of a problem for me than it is for some people. And trust me there are times when I feel a bit like a vampire. 

Vampires are creatures of the night, and most of us are aware of just how the sunlight can affect them. But I've often had the image of a vampire turning to dust when I realize that I stayed in the sun too long, and yes, I have allowed myself to get sunburnt.

I guess the point of all of this rambling is, don't forget to wear your sunscreen when you are out in the sun this holiday. You just don't want to end up looking like a vampire who has got caught outdoors when the sun rises do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment