Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Creating a Backyard Wildlife Refuge

My faithful followers know that I really like wildlife.  I enjoy seeing birds, squirrels and chipmunks. But I live in a city. So I often don't get to see much wildlife. And then I realized I could put together a small wildlife retreat in my backyard that would attract these little animals that I really love.

It's a pretty easy project, that can bring hours of entertainment. It involves things that we have in our everyday lives.

Yep, those logs, can attract those small woodland creatures that we all find so adorable. It's simple the small nooks and crannies in these wood piles provide small hideouts for those animals. And wood often provides food for some of these little animals. It's natural!

Now, I know there are some of you readers who are saying I don't want to haul logs into my yard. You don't have to. You can use some of the twigs and brush to create a small refuge. Simple clear out an area. A lot of you already have compost piles, why not add this little extra?

There is one thing those of you who live in areas that are homes for poisonous snakes and scorpions. These piles can attract them. So make sure you all use caution when you approach the habitat you create!



No comments:

Post a Comment